Painting Holiday in South Iceland
Want to catch the beautiful nature of Iceland in a painting
The beautiful area of South Iceland will welcome you in its beautiful autumn custom 30th September to 6th October 2019. Each day will bring you a new sight as the nature is constantly changing during this time.
Our artist is a professional painter and experienced tutor who will share its knowledge and experience helping guests to look and interpret what they see in a deeper more meaningful way.
Suitable for all levels, this is a great opportunity to capture Icelandic nature at its best and create beautiful images. You will get the best out of your painting and sketching abilities among getting inside into the local life and local food. With a mix of instruction and workshop you can do as much or as little of painting and drawing as you wish. The area is filled with possibilities so if you don’t want to paint you can investigate what the neighbourhood has to offer. Golf courses, hiking opportunities and beautiful waterfall is only an example of what you can do.
The itinerary is for guidance only and is subject to change depending on the weather and group’s needs and wishes:
Day 1- 30th Sept. – Welcome to Iceland
Meet and greet at the airport. Transfer to hotel. Rest of the day on own.
Day 2 – 01st Oct. – Reykjavik
Reykjavik city tour with visit to museums and guidance. Lunch this day will be in one restaurant located in one of the museums we will visit. Transfer to your hotel Landhotel in South Iceland. In the evening you will have welcome dinner and a chance to talk about your level of experience with your tutor.
Day 3 – 02nd Oct. – South Iceland
After breakfast you will start with a tutored session before starting to paint or sketch. After lunch there is time to relax, walk and sketch or paint of your own choice. Dinner in the evening.
Day 4 – 3rd Oct. – South Iceland
After breakfast you will start with a tutored session before starting to paint or sketch. After lunch you can go horse back riding if you are interested. Dinner in the evening.
Day 5 – 4th Oct. – South Iceland
After breakfast you will start with a tutored session before starting to paint or sketch. In the afternoon you will go beer tasting in the neighbourhood of our location. Dinner in the evening.
Day 6 – 5th Oct – South Iceland
After breakfast you will start with a tutored session before starting to paint or sketch. After lunch there is time to relax, walk and sketch or paint of your own choice. Farwell dinner in the evening.
Day 7 – 6th Oct – Reykjavik – Departure
After breakfast you will drive to Reykjavik and straight to the airport for departure or check in to your hotel if you would like to stay longer in Iceland.
Our tutor Asgeir Jon Asgeirsson – Painter, Illustrator, Art director.
2015 – Present Lead the CCP art team through big changes in the graphics of EVE Online in cooperation with outsourcing companies in china, Mentored junior artists and and was responsible of keeping up the high standards of EVE Online. In This period EVE Online kept getting recognition and rewards and was finally offered a permanent place along with 14 other games in in The Museum Of Modern Art (M0MA).
Solid Clouds — Art Director / Lead Artist
Responsible for designing and art directing the world of Starborne (4x MMO-RTS game).
1999 – 2007 CCP — Lead Concept Artist
2007 – 2015 Designed majority of the content for the award winning MMO EVE Online CCP —Art Director
1997 – 1998 MHÍ / Hogeschool Voor de Kunsten Utrecht. Additional year in MHÍ/Erasmus program
1993 – 1997 MHÍ ( Now LHÍ )— BA Fine Art/Painting
2016 VÆTTIR (Spirits) — Sjávarklasinn
2002 NEO NAIVE — Gallerý Skuggi
1998 Málverk í 4D (Paintings in 4D) — Ráðhúskaffi
Places of interest in the neighboorhoud:
- Hekla, the most active Volcano in Iceland (50 km)
- Laugaland, Swimming pool, heated all year round (15 km)
- Landmannalaugar, famous for its colorful scenery and geothermal activity (90 km)
- Thjorsardalur, with its waterfalls and great hiking trails (70 km)
- Hella, with its visitor center Sagnargardur (27km)
- Hvolsvollur has a Njals Saga Center and a brand new Lava Center (40 km)
- Gullfoss, Icelandic most visited waterfall (70 km)
- Geysir, geothermal area with geysir and hotsprings (60 km)
- Hellar, The largest man made settlement cave in Iceland (15 km)
- Westman Islands (90 km)
This list is for guidance only. We will not visit all the places on the list. It will depend on weather, time and interest of the group.
– Suitable for all levels from beginner to advanced artists.
– Minimum age 18 (under 18’s may be considered with an accompanying adult, please ask).
– The course is focused on painting and drawing using Acrylics, Charcoal, Mixed media, Pastels, Pencil, Pens and Watercolours.
– Group size is a maximum of 15.
– This tour is 6 nights/7 days.
– For those travelling back with a morning flight or if you wish to stay for extra nights, please indicate in your reservation.
What will I learn?
– At the start of your course the group will meet the tutor and discuss your own personal goals and aims for the course.
– If you have some painting experience your tutor will help you to develop your existing painting and drawing skills as well as giving you useful tips to help you develop new skills and techniques.
– If you are a complete beginner your tutor will help you with the basics and will set you off on a path to developing your own artist personality.
– Observational drawing is an important part of all the courses.
– Your tutor will be on hand to advise you on light, space, lines, balance, weight, saturation, tone, shine and colour, aspects of abstraction.
– You’ll also learn how to eliminate creative blocks and draw out your unique painting style.
Art materials and what to bring
– Art boards, easels, sketching stools, tables, basic art materials including a sketchbook and A1 and A2 paper are provided
– A materials list will be provided
Included in the package:
- Accommodation: First night in 4* hotel in Reykjavik. 5 nights in Landhotel located in Landssveit South Iceland. At Landhotel you are immersed by true Icelandic nature the hotel is in close proximity to the famous volcano Hekla. You can choose between double and single room which all comes with private facilities. All tutoral sessions are inside the hotel in one of the meeting rooms. We might go out to paint or sketch in the beautiful nature if/when weather allows. Breakfast is included during the whole time.
– All meals are included except on day 1, 7 and 8.
– Breakfast is included on day 7.
– Art museums in Reykjavik
– Beer tasting.
– Horse back riding
Double room EUR 2.750 / USD 3.100
Single room EUR 3.300 / USD 3.700